Sunday, August 1, 2010

A God-cursed scream, and strain of catastrophe



So the title today clearly has nothing to do with today's images. It was a stressful day. First solo day at my new job, and let me tell you, it is far easier when there are two people. I spent the entire shift feeling like I was just not moving fast enough. If you know me you have probably seen me at my jumpy-stressed-out stage. Seriously. It is like I'm hopped up on caffiene even if I'm not. I feel like my brain is firing a zillion times a second and I just can't move fast enough to keep up with it. Maybe it isn't as noticable to everyone else as I think it is, but to me it feels like I suddenly become super intense and over excited. Anyway. After 7 hours of that I am a bit spent. For some reason this line from Beowulf popped into my head as I was leaving the office tonight. Thus I bring you my blog title. It's a tad overdramatic, but captures the sentiment of my feeling so well. I think that willingly quoting Beowulf is a definite sign that I am an English nerd. I am okay with that. In fact I proudly own that title. I should get a shirt or something.

Since I'm feeling a bit fried today, I just went back to the shoot I was doing in my back yard a couple of days ago and picked out a couple of pretty flower pictures. I love these flowers that grow in the chainlink fence between our neighbours and us. I've shared a picture of one of them before, here. One of the great things about them is that their color changes quite a bit based on lighting conditions. I took the ones here while it was super shady in the particular part of the yard. I love the richness of the color that was produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment