Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm a nerd, and proud of it!


Very few things in this world excite me as much as new school supplies. Yes I know that this is the opposite of most people, but I seriously love back to school shopping because I get to buy new notebooks and agendas and pens and post it notes. My dad, who is the person responsible for this odd love of stationary, took me school supply shopping tonight and now I have a lovely stack of new things sitting in my room and I am itching to use them.

I've actually had a rather nerdy week, but it has also been one of the best weeks of the summer. I went to the Fringe earlier in the week, had conversations with friends on topics like philosophy and religion, spent a day wandering through the art gallery and considering art and the Canadian identity (plus, in the gift store I found textbook type books that I really want to buy), finally got to look at my textbook list for this semester (and am now itching to go and buy the books), and went school supply shopping. Yup, I'm a nerd, but I love it so much. Besides, someone has to enjoy these things. Just like someone who is not me needs to enjoy sports or video games. Thankfully I also have friends who are willing to put up with these activities. I even have friends with whom I can discuss the newly released textbook list. So I am secure in my nerdiness, in fact, I relish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment