Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sun-bleached


I'm in love with the sun-bleached quality of this photo. I think that this has quickly become one of my favorite things about summer. Even though shooting in direct sunlight is a huge pain, sometimes it works out and the result is this gorgeous sun-drenched image.

Bleach makes me think of platinum blonde hair, fresh white laundry, and clean surfaces. It is a cleansing agent, leaving things pristine and uncontaminated. I think that art, be it literary or visual or musical, serves a very similar purpose. John F. Kennedy once said that "When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existance. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses." I think this is incredibly true. Art has restorative power. It has healing power. There is no doubt about this in my mind.

Sometimes a little bit of bleaching is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment