Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pretty in Pink


It has been cool and rainy for the past couple days, and even though I am enjoying the cooler temperatures and the opportunity to wear sweaters again it is kind of bumming me out. Actually, it is mostly making me really tired. And making my knee hurt. Yeah, I'm only 21, but my one knee likes to inform me of dramatic weather changes by aching, sending shooting pains down my shin, and occasionally swelling up to twice its normal size. Anyway, even though I've been longing for fall to arrive, I still am not quite ready to let the dreamy days of summer slip away. That is why I chose this picture today. I took this at that Muttart Conservaory here in Edmonton last summer. The soft pink color and the fuzzy texture are distinctly spring-like in my mind. And the wheat-like shape combined with this makes me think of the first precious days of summer vacation in May and June when I start daydreaming about skipping through fields while wearing lovely summer dresses. Not that this ever happens in real life, but it is a nice daydream. Particularly on blah days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment