Sunday, August 8, 2010

Character


Not too much to say lately, thus the lack of posts in the past few days. Actually, I keep thinking of things to post, but can't seem to find any pictures to go with said ideas. I think this is a sign that I need to find somewhere new and exciting to wander around taking photos. Anyone have any ideas? Anyway, I thought I should put something up on here. I really like this image a lot actually. I've talked about the really old dictionary that I have before. Well it isn't exactly in mint condition, but since I love it for the very fact that it is a dictionary and not for any potential monetary value this doesn't bother me. In fact I kind of like that a bunch of the pages are all curled up. It gives the book character. This seems to be a recurring theme in my posts: the idea that imperfections and strange details are what make things interesting and beautiful. I certianly think life would be more boring if everything and everybody was perfect all the time (as lovely as that may sound some times).

No comments:

Post a Comment