Monday, March 15, 2010

The Barra MacNeils

I just returned from the Barra MacNeils concert. There is seriously nothing like that music. It makes me happy every single time. The only downside is that everytime I go to one of their concerts I leave with an incredible desire to move to Cape Breton. Now in general this is not a problem, but it does make the whole focusing on school work thing a bit of an issue. Oh well. I'm all smiles because of it so I guess I can put up with some daydreaming.

In the summer of 2008 I was lucky enough to spend some time in Cape Breton with my family. I positively fell in love with the place. I know that a couple days ago I said that I am very much a city girl, but I think Cape Breton would be an exception to that rule. I could quite happily move there. This picture is from Fortress Louisbourg. It was misty and cold the day we went out there which was unpleasant for walking around but made for some stunning photos. I should probably warn you all that this Barra MacNeils high might not wear off for a while so there might be a bit of a maritimes theme to my posts for the next unspecified period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment