Sunday, March 7, 2010

Discovery of Tea


Today's exciting event: there is a new tea place open in West Edmonton Mall. It's called DAVIDsTEA (http://www.davidstea.com/) and it is AMAZING. I seriously could not stop smiling for about an hour after we left. It's just a really great atmosphere and the girl who was helping us out was so excited about her job...so great. My mom and I each got a tea. I tried the Mint Chocolate Rooibos and it was actually quite tasty. Mom had the Creme Brulee tea and the sip I had was quite divine. She's not a big tea drinker so was kind of indifferent about it but I found it had a nice warm, buttery flavor to it. I also bought 100g of the "Forever Nuts" tea, which I am currently drinking a mug of as I sit here. The girl in the store was super enthused about it and she has every right to be. Aside from turning bright pink when you steep it (which just makes me plain old happy), it also tastes exactly like an old-fashioned doughnut. Mmmmmmmm. I will definitely be returning there in the near future to try some more flavors and stock up on a variety of teas.
I took this picture in the summer of 2008 at my friend's birthday dinner. I like the simplicity of the mugs and how there's some sort of disorderly repetition going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment