Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Snow




Since I live in Edmonton, I had the privilege of waking up this morning to a world that looked more like it was Christmas time than anything. Actually, this phenomenon started last night so I got to go to bed AND wake up feeling like it should be December (although it is markedly warmer than December typically is). Sadly the forecast for the next week has more snow and little likelyhood that the white layer on the ground will disappear any time soon. Since it is officially spring now I figured that closeups of white flowers was slightly more appropriate while still conveying the general colour scheme of my current world. First up is a close up of one of my mom's peonies. Peonies look pretty but I discovered a couple years ago that tiny little black bugs like to hide out in them and this has kind of put me off of either bringing them into the house (which is a shame because they also smell nice) or getting very close to them (which is a shame because they smell nice and it makes photographing them more difficult). I think this summer I'll have to go and take some more pictures of them and just brave the possibility of nearly invisible bugs hitching a ride on my clothing. Second, is a close up of a flower that one of my roommates had last year. Third, is another picture from the Muttart on Canada Day. I believe these are hydrangea flowers, but I'm really not a plant expert so I could be way off. I just thought they were pretty. I really like this version of spring snow a lot more than what is hanging around outside right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment