Friday, March 12, 2010

The Siren Song of the City


I've been feeling very "city" lately. I am not sure if that means anything to any of you, although I am sure a couple of you can relate. There is just an ambiance in big cities that I love. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the countryside, but at heart I am a city girl.The picture I have in my head of my future self definitely involves living in some city or other. That's probably why I've been feeling the city vibe lately. I've been thinking a lot about who I want to be and where I want to go and so this picture is slowly coming into focus in my brain and the city factor looms pretty large. Also, I've been down to Whyte Ave twice this week and that is one of the few places in Edmonton that I really feel city-ish.
I took this picture in Toronto last February and then fiddled around with it a bit to give it a grainy, black and white qulaity. I went to visit a good friend and absolutely fell in love with the city. I am determined to live there at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment