Monday, March 22, 2010

Fields


As I've been wandering through the blogosphere (did I really just use that word?) this week it is clear that spring has sprung and all over the place people are starting to dream of long walks through grassy fields. The number of pictures around this week that featured fields was pretty incredible. It makes sense though. After all, what makes a person more wisful for warm spring days than images of strolling through or lounging in sunlit fields. Personally I can't really think of anything.
The past couple of years over Easter break I've headed home with one of my roommates. She's from a small town in southern Alberta called Champion and her family owns a bison farm. Now, I'm a city girl, but I enjoy spending time down there. It's just so relaxed and we've been lucky enough to get some absolutely gorgeous weather, blue prairie skies, golden fields stretching into the distance where you can see the Rocky Mountains. Just glorious. I took this picture the first time we went down there. I'm actually pretty impressed because we were sitting in the back of a moving truck at the time and I only had to crop the image slightly. This is what spring looks like in Alberta. At least, this is what spring looks like in Alberta on a nice sunny day. And we have fields to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment