Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lost in the Fog



I woke up this morning fully expecting another lovely, sunny, spring-like day. Instead it was foggy and cold-looking. Even though it warmed up this afternoon and the fog dissipated it stayed grey and dreary all day long. At least it is still spring temperatures, and I really don't mind the occasional grey day, so I'm not complaining too much. It was just a shock to the system so early in the morning. In fact, the grey fogginess of the day actually matches my mood quite exquisitely today (there is totally a word to describe the phenomenon when nature reflects the mental state of a person, I just can not remember it for the life of me). I'm studying for my Art History midterm which is tomorrow night right now so my brian actually feels quite foggy and confusing. I'm also listening to Rajaton, this fantastic acapella group from Finland who have a very etheral sound to them and seem to suit grey days excellently. Perhaps it is becaue they are Finnish. I'm guessing that Finland doesn't tend to be the sunniest of places. Anyway, this picture, which I took in Halifax in July, 2006, suits both the weather and my mental state perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment