Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunshine on My Shoulders


Today actually felt like spring, which was absolutely lovely after the snow of the past week. The sun came out and I even walked across to the school in just my tshirt without freezing. It was one of those that puts the song "Sunshine on My Shoulders" in my head, a smile on my face, and a sense of hope in my heart. Normally I wax poetic about fall and am rather disparaging about spring, but there is something about spring this year that just feels like such a relief. Does anyone else feel that way? It is as if some giant burden has been lifted off my chest every time the sun decides to show its face.
This picture is from last summer and evokes lazy days of hanging out with friends, eating picnics, and lounging on the grass. Ah, how I wish I was doing that instead of working like a mad woman on the papers that are due in the next few days. It's supposed to be lovely this week and I think that will make the copious amounts of homework I have quite a bit more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment