Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring in Edmonton


It snowed today.
While this didn't really surprise me since I live in Edmonton and March is kind of really early for spring, it did depress me somewhat. It had been so lovely for so long and then suddenly this morning I looked out the window and it was white again. Lame. It seemed to fit the day though. Today was one of those days where by noon you are pretty convinced that you would have been better off if you had never gotten out of bed. By mid-afternoon all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed and try again. Sadly life doesn't work like that so I had to tough it through my "feeling gross, there is snow on the ground in March, I can't focus and have to finish a paper and a presentation for tomorrow" day. On the bright side it is not yet 10:00pm and I am already editing my paper. This is practically a record for me. And the presentation is as ready as it is going to get (if you know me, you know I despise public speaking so class presentations are never a fun experience and I am never ready for them).
So this picture isn't actually from today. It wasn't cold enough for frost. I took this one on Christmas Day. It was a beautifully clear and frosty morning and I loved this little frost covered leaf hanging onto the branch for dear life. I figured if I needed to do something snowy then at least I could do something that made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment