Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fresh Perspective




Here it is, my first post! I'm going to try to upload a new photo daily, so make sure you check back often (or subscribe!). I apologize if this doesn't always work out though. I'm a university student so there are occasions where papers and exams eat me alive and I am lucky if I have time to sleep and eat, never mind do anything fun.


On to the photo, this picture was taken about a month ago, around the beginning of February. One of my roomates had some tulips sitting out on our kitchen counter in order to bring a little bit of spring into the apartment in the midst of the grey and blah month that February tend to be. I was looking at them one day and decided to bring out my camera and see if I couldn't get some interesting shots and lo and behold, I did! In fact, you might see some of the other photos from this shoot show up on the site later. I like this photos simply because it isn't the normal way to look at a flower and yet it is still beautiful and interesting. I tend to take a lot of photos of flowers so I am always excited to find a new way to look at them. I thought this would be an appropriate photo to start off with because it fits so well with the title of the blog. The title actually comes from a song called "Turn Back Around" by Lucy Schwartz, which can be found on the Postgrad Soundtrack. The song starts out "Show me the world in the shape of your looking glass / Beautifully bold when the colors unfold". These lines are so applicable to photography. It's all about perspective, how you look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment