Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I often thought how proud I'd be in a boat like Gideon Brown*



I mentioned a few days ago that I really love taking pictures of boats despite not having the best working relationship with them when I am actually on them. This is a collection of black and whites that I took the last time I was in Halifax (yes, I am still on my Nova Scotia/maritimes kick...). My mom and I went for a wander around the harbor and naturally I took about a gazillion photos. The day was overcast and so the lighting was actually quite ideal for black and white shots. Plus, boats tend to have good strong contrasting colors. I had never noticed how many little interesting details there are on boats. Personally, I think my favorite shots in this grouping are the one with the ship on an angle in the frame and the close up on the Roman numerals down the front of one of the ships. I have no idea how those numbers function, but they sure look cool!
*The title of this post comes from the lyrics of "A Boat Like Gideon Brown" - Great Big Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment