Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day! I figured that in honor of today it would be appropriate to share a photo from Ireland. I took this one looking out from one of the towers of Blarney Castle (and yes I have kissed the Blarney stone). It rained pretty much the whole time we were in Ireland (big shock, I know), but man was it a beautiful country. Definitely on my list of places that I must go back to.
It was actually kind of grey and rainy (well okay, it was more misty than rainy), which seemed incredibly appropriate for St. Patrick's Day. For all the waxing poetic about sunshine that I do, I actually really enjoy grey, rainy days sometimes. It smelled wonderful this morning and the air felt crisp and clean. Plus, when the weather is like this I like to imagine that I'm somewhere like Nova Scotia or Ireland. Perhaps that is weird, but it keeps me sane so I'm okay with it. Unfortunately, my St. Patrick's Day celebrations consist of paper writing. Since I'm not really one for crowds, beer, or drunk people this is mostly okay with me except for the fact that I am totally experiencing some major writer's block (although this blog entry seems to be coming together just fine). Oh well. Back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment